ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Captains’ Insights and Expectations
On the eve of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, the global cricketing community turned its attention to Ahmedabad. The world’s largest cricket stadium witnessed the gathering of all ten team captains, symbolizing the commencement of the grand event. A riveting photograph was captured at the Narendra Modi Stadium by renowned photographer Rohan Shrestha, marking the moment.
Ravi Shastri and England’s winning captain, Eoin Morgan, spearheaded an interactive panel discussion with the team captains. Some notable comments included:
- Pat Cummins (Australia) highlighted the global significance of the ICC Cricket World Cup, emphasizing the excitement surrounding matches like India vs. Pakistan.
- Rohit Sharma (India) conveyed the nation’s passion for cricket and the weightage of the World Cup as an aspiration for every cricketing leader.
- Babar Azam (Pakistan) appreciated the warm welcome they received, comparing their stay in Hyderabad to being at home.
- Jos Buttler (England) reflected on England’s evolved playstyle since 2015 and the commitment to pushing boundaries.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi (Afghanistan) showed confidence in the team’s spinners and batting capabilities.
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) expressed readiness and optimism based on their performance in the qualifiers.
- Scott Edwards (Netherlands) looked forward to the tournament, acknowledging the strength of teams like Pakistan.
- Temba Bavuma (South Africa) emphasized the sharing of experience among team members.
- Dasun Shanaka (Sri Lanka) focused on overcoming recent challenges and performing well.
- Kane Williamson (New Zealand) spoke about the uniqueness of every tournament and the excitement surrounding the upcoming World Cup in India.
The Star Sports network will air this enlightening panel session, allowing fans to dive deep into the sentiments of the captains ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023.